Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Little Things

I love this grainy cell phone photo. In fact, I love it so much that I look at it once a day. It was just about 48 hours before Nicole and Tom's big day, I was in their apartment alone, stringing garland out of the fabric flowers I had spent hours upon hours making. Tracing circles on fabric, cutting out circles, gathering circles one by one, threading circles. And poof! A cute little flower. To say it was a labor of love would be an understatement but it was at this moment, when I took this grainy cell phone photo, that I realized everything was coming together. And I loved every bit of it. And I knew the bride and groom would, too. There was a huge sense of relief, and an overwhelming feeling of joy. The tutorial to make these tiny gems is right here.

1 comment:

  1. I see subway-letters in the back! OH NEW YORK, I love you so.

    ReplyDelete